Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology
The Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institue of Engineering Sciences and Technology (GIKI), is a private research university located in Topi, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.
The Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology (GIKI)
is one of the most prestigious engineering institutes of Pakistan. GIK is known world wide for setting a standard of excellence in the field of engineering. Over the years, the institute has produced bright, innovative graduates employed at some of the most respectable firms all over the world. GIKI also provides one of the best hostel experience in Pakistan, allowing no day scholars.
- GIKI is without doubt one of the most prestigious engineering institutes of Pakistan with a highly qualified faculty and a wide recognition among employers.
- Great extracurricular activities with a lot of student-run societies.
- All the students live in hostels surrounded by lush green mountains.
- It’s remote location is a negative factor. New professors are reluctant to relocate and students have to travel to Islamabad for shopping and other purposes. The location also discourages some students particularly girls, from attending the university.
- GIKI is infamous for it’s strict grading policy. The average GPA of GIK students is much lower than of other institutes. This is a major disadvantage for students interested in studying abroad for masters.
Programs Offered in GIKI
Computer Science and Engineering
Bachelor of Science(BS) in Computer Engineering
Bachelor of Science(BS) in Computer Science
Master of Science(MS) in Computer System Engineering
Doctor of Philosophy(Ph.D.) in Computer System Engineering
Bachelor of Science(BS) in Engineering Science
Master of Science(MS) in Applied Mathematics
Master of Science(MS) in Applied Physics
Doctor of Philosophy(Ph.D.) in Applied Mathematics
Doctor of Philosophy(Ph.D.) in Applied Physics
BS in Electrical Engineering with specialization in:
Bachelor in Management Sciences
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Material Engineering with specialization in:
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Author: Chaudhary Umar I am a senior year Mechanical Engineering student at GIKI. I actually got admission in Faculty of Engineering Sciences but luckily I topped my faculty and switched my majors to Mechanical Engineering. GIKI offers specialization in Refrigeration...read more
I chose Materials Science Engineering not because it had always been on my mind but rather because I got admission in this department. Although, materials science is not very renowned as a field in Pakistan it holds a certain importance overseas in various fields. To...read more